Resources for Students Traveling Abroad

If you are a U.S. citizen receiving credits abroad, you may need to apply for a student visa. If you are not a U.S. citizen, seek information from your host country’s authorities, such as the Embassy or Consulate in the United States, for the immigration requirements for citizens of your country.

Visa and Travel Information for Select Countries

Czech Republic
New Zealand
United Kingdom

Other Countries: See consular services and/or visa information on relevant embassy’s or consulate’s website. Clarify with program sponsor or host institution.

U.S. Government Resources for Americans Abroad

U.S. Department of State Information for Students Abroad
U.S. Department of State Background Notes
U.S. Department of State Consular Information Sheets
U.S. Department of State Registration with Embassies Service
U.S. Embassies & Consulates abroad
Passport Services
Center for Disease Control Information
World Health Organization

Additional Resources

Absentee Voting Information
Country Specific Pre-Departure Handbook
Health Insurance Information
Currency Exchange Rates
Hostelling International
Purchasing Flights