CSU Education Abroad Fee
All students who participate on an education abroad program pay the CSU Education Abroad Fee that directly supports the education abroad operation within the Office of International Programs. In addition to funding personnel, publications, programs, and supplies, the revenue from this charge supports the following services:
- Individual and group advising on opportunities and procedures for education abroad
- Predeparture orientation and a workshop for returnees
- Assistance with CSU procedures for transfer of credit and financial aid
- Communication with host institutions, program sponsors, and serve as liaison to other CSU offices
- Assistance with registration for the semester students return from abroad
The CSU Education Abroad Fee is $500 per semester for all semester programs. The fee for summer and short-term credit-bearing programs is $350. The fee for short-term non-credit bearing programs is $250. The CSU Education Abroad Fee is billed to the student’s CSU account for each term he or she is abroad.
Colorado State University financial aid and many scholarships may be used to help pay for the costs of overseas education programs. In addition, many scholarship programs are available to qualifying students on a competitive basis.